Admission and Registration
Admission to the college begins after the publication of the results of the Board of secondary education, Odisha and CHSE, Odisha. Admission to Higher Secondary classes is conducted through Students Academic Management System (SAMS) under e-admission process. As per the provision of SAMS, candidates are supposed to apply on line in Common Application Form (CAF) which will be available in website www.dheorissa.in. A student seeking admission has to download the form from the specified website and apply within a specified date. The college code for this college as assigned by SAMS for +2 is 19051102. Admission to degree classes from the session 2010-11 is also conducted through (SAMS). A student seeking admission in +3 classes is required to apply in Common Application Form (CAF) available in website www.dhe.orissa.in. The college code for this college as assigned by SAMS for degree classes is 19051304.
1. Time Schedule Higher Secondary Classes :
The CHSE, Odisha has prescribed the following time limit for admission in to different Higher Secondary Classes.
- +2, 1st Yr Arts/Sc/Com.: Within two weeks from the date of publication of result by BSE, Odisha, the exact last date of submission of CAF will be notified in the websitewww.dheodisha.gov.in
- +2, 2nd Yr. Arts/Sc. /Com.: Last date of submission of application is the reopening day of the college. Admission shall be made as per the decision of the Principal
- +3 Degree 1st Year Arts: Within two weeks from the date of publication of CHSE results. The exact last date will be notified in the website www.dheorissa.in.
- +3 degree 2nd/3rd year Arts: Application for admission on transfer basis must be submitted on the reopening day after summer vacation. Such admission shall be made on the basis of merit.
2. Merit List
Admission into various classes both in +2 and +3 shall be conducted as per the merit list prepared by (SAMS) under the e-admission process.
3. Selection of Honours :
3. Selection of Honours :
Students shall be allotted Honours from the merit list by e-admission as per availability of seats at the college level. But the applicant for Honours must have 40% marks in aggregate. In case of seats lying vacant, by the order of the government, some relaxation can be made. For this, the common prospectus for the e-admission under SAMS can be referred to. All information relating to SAMS is available at the Higher Education Department website (www.dheodisha.gov.in).
Soon after the admission to +3 1st yr. degree classes is over, a date will be notified by the college for counselling and selection of Hons. Subjects.
4. Reservation of Seats :
Reservation of seats for +2 and +3 classes will be in accordance with D.H.E. letter No. 40290/dt. 11.8.93 & G.O. No. 50064/HE dt. 11.9.2000
SC &ST :
- 8% of the sanctioned strength shall be reserved for S.C. applicants.
- 12% of the sanctioned strength shall be reserved for S. T. applicants.
- The reserved seats are not interchangeable and S.C. and S.T. applicants selected for admission on merit shall not be counted against reserved seats.
- In case the number of applicants from among SC and ST exceeds the number of seats reserved for them, the Principal at his / her discretion may increase the number of reserved seats by another 8% for SC and 10% for S. T. subject to minimum 40 % of marks for Arts stream & 50% of marks for Science stream as per G.O No. 36979 / HE dt. 23.9.04
Govt. Servants / Serving defence personnel on transfer (GSOT):
- 4% of seats of the sanctioned strength shall be reserved for the children / wife / husband of Government servants / Serving Defence Personnel on transfer within normal time of admission.
- Govt. servants on deputation to any govt. /non-govt. agency shall be eligible for the reservation, but government servants on permanent transfer to any corporate body shall not be eligible for the concession.
- A government servant retiring from service and shifting to a place where he/she wishes to reside after retirement shall be treated as government servant on transfer.
- 3% of the sanctioned strength shall be reserved for physically handicapped applicants.
- A handicapped applicant shall be considered for reserved seats only on production of certificate (explained earlier) from the Chief District Medical Officer/ Sub-Divisional Medical Officer/Chief Medical Officer of Capital Hospital to the effect that he/she has a major orthopedic / physical deficiency to the extent of 40% or above.
2% of the sanctioned seats shall be reserved for the children of bonafide Burma Repatriates.
- 1 % of the sanctioned seats shall be reserved for children/wife/husband of ex-servicemen.
- For availing admission under the reservation of seats of Ex-servicemen hailing from Odisha, a certificate to that effect issued by the Rajya Sainik Board or District Sainik Board must be enclosed. (GO No. 40890/HE, dt. 27.7.2000)
- For children of serving defence personnel 1 % of the sanctioned seats will be reserved. Applicants having required cut off marks will only be considered for this purpose. (GO. No. 55588/HE, dt.16.10.2000)
- The number of applicants from outside the State of Odisha to be admitted into Higher Secondary class shall not exceed 5% of the total number of seats in the class.
- An applicant shall not be considered to be from outside the state of Odisha if he/she has passed the HSC/equivalent examination from a School situated within the territory of Odisha or has passed the HSC/equivalent examination with Oriya as a subject.
- An applicant whose parents are permanent residents of Orissa, has passed HSC/, equivalent examination from outside Orissa with Oriya as a subject shall be considered from outside the state of Orissa, provided he/she produces a Permanent Resident Certificate from the District Magistrate of his/her area to the effect that his/her parents are permanent residents of Orissa.
- After admitting all eligible applicants for the reserved categories the balance of reserved seats, shall be filled up by general candidates. No seat shall remain reserved for any category beyond the last date of regular admission.
- Certificates submitted in support of reservation weightage may be sent to crime branch or appropriate authority of the Government for verification.
- Applicants having NCC Certificate shall be given weightage of additional 5% of marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at the HSC/equivalent or at the +2 level examinations.
- Applicants having NCC certificate shall be given weightage of additional 10% of marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at the HSC/equivalent or at the +2 level examinations.
- Applicants attending All India NCC Camps/Courses /activities shall be given weightage of additional 5% of marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at the HSC/ equivalent or at the +2 examination.
- No weightage shall be given for certificate in NCC.
The list of selected applicants shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the College for information and they will also get the information from the Internet as per the e-admission rule.
Documents to be Submitted at the Time of Admission
- Intimation letter.
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination in original. (to be returned after verification.)
- High School Certificate in original (to be returned after verification)
- School/College Leaving Certificate in original. (not to be returned)
- Conduct Certificate from the Head of Institution last attended in original. (not to be returned)
- Caste Certificate in original, if applicable.
- Certificate in original, in support of claim, if any, for reservation/weightage.
- Stamp size Photographs (3 copies) duly attested (if not enclosed along with the admission form)
- Money receipt against payment for Form and Prospectus for Admission in original, if not submitted along with the application form.
- Blood Group Certificate
Change of Subject
A student may be allowed to change his/her subjects within 15 days from the last date of admission provided seats shall be available for the desired subject. Subject is offered on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination
Admission on Transfer Basis:
- During normal period of admission, transfer from other colleges will be made on the basis of marks of the applicants in the respective qualifying examination.
- Beyond normal period of admission, transfer from other colleges will be considered on the basis of merit, subject to permission from CHSE / University and availability of seats.
- Every student of the College seeking admission into the 1st Year of the +2 Arts / Sc./Com. has to be a registered student of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa. On admission into the 1st year class, a student pays fee for registration of his / her name by the CHSE, Orissa. When the name of a student is struck off the rolls for default in payment or for any other reason and admission is sought thereafter, he or she has to pay the readmission fees as admissible under rule.
- A student seeking admission into the first year of the +3 Degree course has to be a registered student of Utkal University. He / She is to pay fee for registration of his / her name by the University. If his or her name is struck off the rolls for default in payment of the prescribed College dues, or for any other reason and readmission is sought thereafter, he or she has to pay the fee as admissible under rules for readmission.
- Student seeking admission into the +3 1st Year class of the College has to pay for recognition.
Registration is essential to appear at the Council of Higher Secondary Examination/Utkal University Examination. The registration receipt is required to be produced at the time of filling in application for admission to the CHSE/Utkal University Examination. Students are, therefore, advised to preserve their registration receipts with care.