Election ProcessSTUDENT ASSOCIATION AND SOCIETIES
The College Union
There shall be a Student’s Union in the college. The union shall be called the Jatni College Union and it shall be the sole tribune of the student’s opinion on all legitimate matters inside the college. The objective of the union is primarily cultural, it aims at stimulating the interests of the students in intellectual and academic activities by holding debates, discussion, symposia and seminars by inviting eminent persons to address the members of the union and by undertaking such other activities as are proposed by the union and approved by the Principal.
- Membership :
- Every student of the Degree Course of the college is a member of the union and is eligible for election to any of the offices.
- Any student whose name is struck off the rolls of the college, shall cease to be member of the union.
- The meetings of the union shall be open to all the members of the teaching staff of the college, who if they so desire may take part in the proceedings of the meetings without the right to vote.
- Executive Committee :
There shall be an Executive Committee of the union consisting of the following :
- The President
- The Vice-President
- The Secretary
- The Assistant Secretary
- 3 representative to be elected one from each of the Degree Classes.
- When no student representative from girls is in the Executive Committee by the normal election, the Principal may take steps to nominate one representative from among the girl students of Degree Classes.
- Functions of the executive committee
The functions of the executive, committee shall be
- To draw up the programme of activities of the Union for the session.
- To prepare the Budget of the Union for the session keeping view the collections made for the union.
- To incur expenditure according to the budget approved and approve expenditure incurred.
- To undertake such other activities as are consistent with the objectives of the union in accordance with the provisions of the constitution as approved by the Principal.
- Meetings :
- Ordinary Fleeting :
An ordinary meeting of the Executive Committee shall be convened by the Secretary in consultation with the Principal. The adviser and the President. Notice of such a meeting with date time, place and agenda shall be given to members at least 24 hours prior to the meetings. There shall be at least one ordinary meeting at the beginning of every academic.
- Extra Ordinary Meeting :
An extra-ordinary meeting of the Executive Committee can be convened as follows :
- At the discretion of the Principal.
- One the request of the President to the Principal.
- On written requisition addressed to the Principal and signed by not less than one hundred members of the Union? When this to considered necessary by the Principal.
- The Principal or his nominee shall preside over any extra ordinary meeting.
- It will approve the expenditure of the College Union for the previous year after the annual elections are over.
- Procedure :
- An ordinary meeting of the Executive Committee shall be presided over by the President or in his absence by the Vice-President or in the absence of both by any member of the Committee elected at the meeting, such election being conducted by the Advisor.
- No meeting of the executive committee can be conducted without the adviser.
- One third of the members of the Executive Committee shall constitute the quorum.
- The minutes of the meeting shall be maintained by the Secretary & a copy thereof shall be communicated to the Principal through the adviser within two days of the meeting. At the commencement of each ordinary meeting the secretary shall read out the minutes of the last ordinary meeting. The minutes thus confirmed shall be countersigned by the Principal.
- Every speech shall be relevant to the agenda of the meeting. No personal reflection shall be made in course of the proceedings of the meeting.
- No member other than the mover of a motion shall speak more than once in the course of the debate. At the conclusion of the debate the mover may at his option, reply to the debate.
- The president and / or the Vice-President may, if he so desires take part in the deliberation of the meeting. In such a case the adviser shall take the clair.
- Parliamentary procedure may be followed in the meeting.
- Votes on debate : AH questions ? in the debate shall determined by a majority of votes of the members present the votes are equally divided the resident shall decide the question by a lot.
- Points of orders : The adviser, his deputy or any member may call the President’s attention to point of order even while member is speaking but no speech shall be made on such point of order.
- Ordinary Fleeting :
- Principal :
- To conduct the annual election to the College Union, Societies and Associations.
- To approve the Union and other budgets.
- To get the accounts of the union audited by the audit committee and certify their accuracy.
- To carry on all correspondence with the invitees either on the request of the Executive Committee of the Union or on his own.
- No meeting can be held within the college premises without prior written permission of the Principal
- The Adviser
- There shall be an adviser to the college union appointed by the Principal from among the members of the teaching staff of the college. The principal may. If he so desires, appoint associate advisers from among the members of the teaching staff to assist the adviser.
- The adviser shall be present at the meeting of the executives of the union. He will help the president of such meeting with useful suggestions for proper conduct of the meetings.
- In the absence of the adviser and the Associate Adviser, the Principal shall depute some other member of the teaching staff to discharge the duties of the Adviser.
- The adviser may preside over a meeting if specially requested by the President.
- The President may refer to the Adviser any rule for interpretation and the decision of the adviser when so referred to shall be final.
- Any meeting of the Union or its executive shall be considered irregular unless attended by the Adviser or the Associate Adviser or any substitute deputed by the Principal.
The Principal shall be ex-officio head of the onion and everything done or proposed to be done by the union shall subject to his approval.HIS FUNCITON